Tuesday 1 February 2011

It's February - Whahey!!!

It’s my birthday sometime this month (I know, memory loss is such a bugger, lol).  Another year older, wish I was another year wiser.  January has gone, thank god for that, may it rest in peace.  All Axe returns present and correct sire. 


Well, I can see the future and it was thus.

Mum – “Teatime sonny Jim. Time to turn off your Xbox and get off your bum and downstairs for some nosh”

Sonny Jim – “Sorry Mum, but I gotta keep playing this here game.  I need to get over the pain and stress that comes with being a teenage angst-ridden boy. It’s a medical fact.”

There’s really no argument to that.  Scary or what!!!

Dentist

Well, it’s the day for my annual check-up and it hasn’t come quick enough as I chipped a tooth last week.  Got a locum dentist this time as the usual one has got a lump getting in the way (pregnancy I believe it’s called).

Well, I certainly hope he knows the drill, and is able to get to the root of the problem.

Tottenham Hotspurs Football Club

A brief summary of our season - (For all you ladies out there - skip to next section, lol).

Me:        (Sings) “Spurs are on their way to Wembley”
Friend:  “Actually, they’ve been knocked out of the FA Cup mate”
Me:       “Oh” slowly realizes this, speaks a bit quietly, “Ok then” 
              (Sings) “Wem-ber-ley,Wem-ber-ley, we’re all going 
              to “Wem-ber-ley”
Friend:  “ermmmm mate, you lot went out of the Carling Cup ages ago”
Me:        “Ohh!” (pauses then sings) “Champions, Champions”
Friend:  “Ermmmm……You’re not top of the Premier League are you??”
Me:       “Errrrr” (shakes head slowly) “No”.
Friend:   “Don’t look like you’re gonna win it either!!!”
Me:        “Ermmmmm” (shakes head slowly again and speaks mutters) “No”.

(Long Pause)

Me:       (Sings) “Eng-ger-land, Eng-er-land”
Friend:   “Ermmm, mate?”
Me:        “Shaddap, ok. Clear off, leave me alone with my 
               delusions,….. please”

 
Thought of the Day

Drive carefully. It's not only cars than can be recalled by their maker.




4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday (a little early). Are you going to let us in on what day it is? ;)

    Don't worry, I don't give birthday spankings. Unless you're into that kind of thing.

    hahahahahahahahaha.


    Aye,
    Scratch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok - I'll give you a clue. It's on a day ending with the letter Y. No good???

    OK ermmm, it ain't this week.

    As for spanking - hmmmmm, I can see a side of you that not many others get to see. lol.

    Thanks but no thanks. Gotta be careful of them there gardeners.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy early birthday :)
    Your entries in your blog always make me either smile or laugh :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you kind Luba for making an old man feel very happy. Ok, not that old then. But happy.

    Keep taking those photos.

    ReplyDelete