Tuesday 8 February 2011

Bless Me Father....

Oh dear god 

Well, I have (virtually) sinned and now my confessions could be done by iphone see here so what does this mean for the future.

Sinner:  "Bless me Father for I have sinned"

** Remote Server Failure - please try again **

Sinner: "Bless me father for I am mightily peeved off as this here phone doesn't 
               work properly"
Father:  "Trevor, you are only eighteen years old. You should stop your affair with
               your neighbour, Mrs Robinson, and return to your studies my child"
Sinner: "My names Steve, who's Mrs Robinson??"
Father: "Forgive me my child - wrong number"
Sinner: "But Father.  I have visited strange (online places) and steered at scantily 
               clad ladies."
Father: "Steered my son??"
Sinner: "Damned predictive texting"
Father: "Thats 2 Stale marys for the sin, and 3600 for the Ramming".

But let us look again at the article.
The app takes users through the sacrament - in which Catholics admit their wrongdoings - and allows them to keep track of their sins.
Hold on, are we collecting sins now?  God help us (excuse the pun) should this ever get to a playstation.  The new Trophy section reads - 3 Adulteries, 11 Assault and batteries, and.........OMG - It's Grand Theft Auto again.

The launch comes shortly after Pope Benedict XVI gave urging to Christians to embrace digital communication and make their presence felt online.
Aha - so this is to counter VIRTUAL sins.  Is this giving credence to online gaming?  So, you sin in Second Life, you grab your iPhone, and instantly repent.

I don't think the Church has truly thought this through, but should they come to regret this then wait, they'll have no worries.  

They can always grab their iPhones.

Thought for the day

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

No comments:

Post a Comment