Monday 7 February 2011

It's my party...and I'll cry if I want to!!

OK then.

Here it be. The day of reckoning.  The time has come where age overtakes you and hurtles you into the next year of your life.......bugger. Must I remember to add an extra number to my age, sighs. 

Of course, I could lie and say I’m 21...again, he he.  Well, I am pleasantly preserved, no grey hairs (yet), can still say that my hair is me own, especially now that I’ve paid the loan off.  And still has that twinkle in me eye (darn that sunshine).  Oh, ok then, who am I kidding.......I’m 22 then, ahem. (Whistles loudly as he moves off at a rapid pace).

Got a card from those in the office, cheeky burgers.  I think they is suggesting that I’m a fatteh!!! (I’m not – trust me on this).

Well, time to take stock and think what to do next in my life – declare amnesia me thinks!!

Seriously though, I need to maintain my jogging activities. Once a month seems good enough don’t you think??? .......What!! No??  You trying to kill me off???  Oh darn (deep sigh) oh well, I suppose I’d better do more than that. 

Had a good weekend.  Together with my six year old daughter, we went to visit my sister, who lives in Mid Devon, in a village called Witheridge. This is the village I grew up in (and will blog about this village including pictures another day).  Had a great time seeing sis, her partner Rob, and my niece and nephew (Belinda and Ashley, both teens).  I really should get into the habit of taking my camera around with me (Sorry Luba, its only a poxy one). Still it makes the blog less bring to look at (oi, wake up there).
News Comment


Wow – when he had the runs, boy, he wasn’t kidding!!



Answer to Friday’s Question.

For those of you wondering what the answer was to the question below posted last Friday (I know, you didn’t give it much thought) –it was .......The Sun.

(If you were standing at the top of The Empire State Building, at midday, on a nice clear day, what would be the furthest thing you could see with the naked eye??)

 On this Day

1569 - King Philip II forms inquistion in South America
1936 - Felix the Cat, Cartoon Character, by Van Beuren from Otto Messmer
1949 - Joe DiMaggio becomes 1st $100,000/year baseball player (NY Yankees)
1965 - Cassius Clay becomes a Muslim & adopts the name Muhammad Ali  
1979 - Pink Floyd premiered their live version of "The Wall" in Los Angeles

Births

1812 - Charles Dickens, England, novelist (Oliver Twist, Tale of 2 Cities) and scourge
            of english literature students everywhere
1910 - Buster Crabbe, 400m US swimmer (Olympics-gold-1932) 

Deaths

1969 - Josef Mengele, concentration camp doctor, drowns (all together now, 
             awwww - couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke)

No comments:

Post a Comment