Monday 14 February 2011

Eagle

It's only a Song

Well, I'd thought I'd try something a bit different today folks.  Have put the lyrics of a song (Yes, I know it's Abba) but still it's been humming away to itself in the back (and front) of my mind, so I'd get my revenge and make some comments on it.

I hope you find it amusing.


Lyrics to 'Eagle'                                                My Observations

They came flyin' from far away,                            Hmm, bit paranoid aren’t we?
 now I'm under their spell                                     Witchcraft now is it??
I love hearing the stories that they tell                   Oh dear – Voices in her head 

                                                                                   (tut tut)
They've seen places beyond my land

and they've found new horizons
They speak strangely but I understand                 Oh dear me

And I dream I'm an eagle
                                     (slowly) O-Kay.
And I dream I can spread my wings                       (just as slowly) Riiigghhtt
Flyin' high, high, I'm a bird in the sky                     Oh I get it – On drugs are we??
I'm an eagle that rides on the breeze                     Class A Drugs that is!!!
High, high, what a feeling to fly                              Oh dear lord – she flying!!
Over mountains and forests and seas                    High as a Kite
And to go anywhere that I please                          That’s downwards…and pretty fast

                                                                                   too!

As all good friends we talk all night,
                      Oh dear – she dealing now!!
 and we fly wing to wing                                        Tweet Tweet
I have questions and they know everything              I knew religion would crop up
There's no limit to what I feel, 

we climb higher and higher
Am I dreamin' or is it all real                                  Oh, you’re dreaming alright missy

Is it true I'm an eagle
                                            ermmm, Nope
Is it true I can spread my wings                              Go on – Try it I dare you
Flying high, high, I'm a bird in the sky                     Houston – We have lift off
(I'm an eagle)
I'm an eagle that rides on the breeze                      Yeeess – Smelly wind too!
High, up high, what a feeling to fly                          
(What a feeling)                                                     Flashdance!!
Over mountains and forests and seas    
And to go anywhere that I please                            Yes – The Loony Bin!

On this Day

1894 - Venus is both a morning star & evening star 
1918 - USSR adopts New Style (Gregorian) calendar (originally Feb 1) 
1950 - USSR & China sign peace treaty 
1966 - Australia introduces 1st decimal currency postage stamps 
1990 - Space probe Voyager 1 takes photograph of entire solar system   

Births

1944 - Carl Bernstein (Washington Post Reporter - broke Watergate story)

Deaths

2010 - Dick Francis, British jockey-turned-novelist (b. 1920)
2003 - Dolly the sheep, first mammal to be cloned from an adult cell dies young form a progressive lung disease aged 6
1989 - James Bond, American ornithologist (b. 1900) - So THAT'S who he really was
270 - St. Valentine marking Valentines Day (some sources say 269, others 273).

Thought of the Day

Who tastes dog food when it has a 'new & improved' flavour?

1 comment:

  1. Heh, makes me wonder what your interpretation of "dancing queen" would be.... ;)

    Aye,
    Scratch

    ReplyDelete