Sunday 6 February 2011

Twas the day before christmas.......Well, not really

Well, some dear kind soul inquired after when it was my birthday, so it sadly comes to my attention that I did actually promise to give 24 hours notice.

Sadly I failed, so whilst there is only just over four hours remaining of this day, I hereby pronounce that tomorrow will be the day, where many, many moons ago, my mother looked down, and after recovering from the shock, gazed upon the new born babe that was moi.

Yes, one look, and she knew that I had arrived.  Second class postage - the stork had attempted to deliver me to two other addresses but was refused entry both times.  That shows you the importance of locking your front door - a lesson she never since forgot.

Anyhow, nothing new to report today so with that I shall bid you goodnight....or good morning, or indeed, good afternoon, depending on when, where and how you are reading this.

May the force be with you - otherwise, a crowbar will be just as handy.

On this day

1778 - England declares war on France (somebody tell me why did we stop!!!!)
1836 - HMS Beagle/Charles Darwin reach Diemen's Land (Tasmania)
1918 - Britain grants women (30 & over) vote
1935 - "Monopoly" board game goes on sale for 1st time
1975 - US performs nuclear test at Nevada Test Site 

Births

1922 - Patrick MacNee, London England, actor (Jonathan Steed-Avengers)
1931 - Rip Torn, Tx, actor (Coma, Summer Rental, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof)
1932 - Fran‡ois Truffaut, Paris, director (Jules & Jim, Fahrenheit 451)
1945 - Bob Marley, Jamacian reggae vocalist (& Wailers-Roots Rock Reggae)

Deaths

1994 - Jack Kirby, cartoonist (X-Men, Spiderman, Hulk), dies at 76 
  
 
 
  

1 comment:

  1. Awwww...happy birthday.

    I'd give you a spanking, but my arm doesn't reach that far.... So you'll have to settle for a virtual smacking instead. ;)

    BTW, I always wondered who in their right mind would name their child "Rip Torn". Must be an assumed name, kinda like Dick Trickle. Wait. That IS his name. Nevermind.


    Aye,
    Scratch

    ReplyDelete